The 1440 Multiversity Leadership Team1440 Multiversity is the country's newest learning destination. Inspired by our co-founders, Joanie and Scott Kriens, we believe the journey of growth and discovery starts with us. Engaged and led by Frank Ashmore, Managing Director of 1440 Multiversity, the "Hospitality Committee" is a dynamic and diverse team of culture champions whose business accomplishments, genuine passions and life experiences bring immersive learning to life in meaningful ways. Collectively, all 200 family members of 1440 represent a rich, authentic and inclusive group of deep hospitality professionals devoted to our mission by energizing and inspiring one another all 1440 minutes of each day.
- Frank AshmoreFrank AshmoreManaging Director
Frank has strategic oversight of all aspects of the private 75-acre learning destination campus, reporting to the Foundation Board of Directors. Frank is an accomplished trainer and authentic leader with an extensive background in community and philanthropic activities. He enjoys his daily meditation practice and has an accomplished track record over his 25+ year career working for globally recognized luxury lifestyle brands such as The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, Capella Hotels & Resorts, The Resort at Pelican Hill, and Meadowood Napa Valley, to name a few. The Michigan native relocated to California from Arizona where he served as Area Managing Director for Omni Hotels & Resorts. Frank and his wife Cathy of 28 years enjoy spending time together in nature and have two sons, Nicholas and Anthony, in addition to their rescue dog, Rio.
- Michael BerrioMichael BerrioSr. Director of Operations
Michael is responsible for daily campus operations, as well as the student and guest experience. As a 15-year international business leader with diverse entrepreneurial skills, his foundational leadership is centered around a strong staff culture of "deep hospitality"—a deep love of others. Michael has lived in five countries, including his homeland of Colombia, and is an experienced diplomatic and charismatic ambassador for 1440. Michael is a family man at heart and has been married to his wife Paola for six years. They are proud parents to their son Jacob.
- Cathy BrockCathy BrockDirector of EventsAn advocate of learning, Cathy joined 1440 Multiversity to enhance the learning environment for all visitors and build a one-of-a-kind event experience. Cathy is a graduate of San Francisco State University and has been a respected Director of Events for nearly three decades. Cathy's passion for perfection was engrained in her at a young age by her family growing up in Taiwan and her commitment to family and team is contagious. She has been married to her husband Steve for 22 years and they enjoy spending time together with their daughter Jessica and golden retriever Chloe.
- Katie DenboKatie DenboDirector of Communications & PR
Katie is a storyteller who oversees all marketing strategy for 1440 Multiversity, helping to share the 1440 mission and vision with the world. Before joining 1440, Katie spent 15 years working with organizations and clients in the sports, hospitality, nonprofit, and lifestyle industries, along with leading public relations and marketing operations for major special events including the U.S. Open at Pebble Beach. Committed to the learning environment both personally and professionally, Katie enjoys playing tennis and golf, writing, creativity, and exploring California on weekend road trips.
- Eke DuboisEke DuboisDirector of Information Technology and Audio-Visual Services
Eke provides integral leadership for the continued development of an innovative, robust, and secure information technology environment. With an emphasis on content presentation and distribution throughout the 1440 campus, this 20-year veteran's office encompasses a wide variety of strategic technology services and audio visual production oversight for faculty, staff, and events. Eke is a former monk and mindful practitioner with a strong sense of charity. He and his wife Cherifa have been married for 15 years, love the outdoors, and enjoy spending time with their daughters Lalita, Lotus, and Lily.
- Larry MaloneyLarry MaloneyDirector of Finance
Larry joined the 1440 team after 30 years with Quorum Hotels & Resorts where he held a variety of corporate, area, and property finance assignments, most recently overseeing a portfolio of 14 properties. In his role at 1440 Larry leads all financial activities of the campus and is a key collaborator regarding the foundation policy implementation and maintaining the 501(c)(3) campus nonprofit status. Larry obtained his MBA in finance from the University of South Florida, is an avid outdoorsman, enjoys volunteering in the community, and is the proud father of two daughters, Paige and Laura.
- Amy NatividadAmy NatividadDirector of Revenue StrategyAmy oversees all revenue management strategies that lead to optimizing and balancing the financial objectives of 1440 Multiversity, and ensures these strategies align with our mission philosophies and initiatives. Prior to joining the 1440 family, Amy spent 10 years with The Irvine Company Resort Properties where her passion for hospitality and revenue flourished. She has been married to her husband Robert for 17+ years and enjoys spending quality time with their daughter, Natalie, and son, Riley.
- Michelle RittenbergMichelle RittenbergLeadership Center DirectorAn advocate of forward-looking leadership culture, Michelle joined 1440 Multiversity to build a one-of-a-kind authentic Leadership Center to serve both the corporate and nonprofit worlds. She brings to life the passion project of leadership expert Bill George and 1440 co-creator Scott Kriens to help leaders discover their True North through whole-person leadership development - leading with mindfulness, authenticity, and purpose. Michelle manages The Leadership Center, including 1440's signature True North Leadership, private corporate programs, and leadership faculty programming. Focused on creating transformational leadership journeys, Michelle recognizes that everyone looking to make a positive impact is a leader.
- Kenny WoodsKenny WoodsCulinary Director and Executive Chef
Kenny is a special, creative, and mindful leader who directs a team of over 40 culinary professionals at 1440 who are fully committed to serving fresh, healthy food utilizing only local and sustainable nutritious ingredients. Kenny helped create all culinary concepts at 1440 Multiversity's inception and his passion for health and wellness continues to evolve culinary and educational experiences for all guests. Kenny attributes his love for food to cooking in the kitchen with his Italian grandmother, making fresh tortellini en brodo. Kenny's professional career started with Fox Restaurant Concepts in Tucson, Arizona, and during his 12-year career with Fox he hosted monthly seasonal community dinners and helped open restaurants across the country. Kenny expresses gratitude each morning with a meditation on West Cliff in Santa Cruz and is committed to the region's farming community by insisting that 1440 only serve their local product!