Find Your True Purpose
Leadership can be messy and paradoxical. How can we be both vulnerable and strong? Be truthful yet not divulge too much? Make decisions and keep an open mind?
Devote this week to stepping fully into your leadership potential and embrace the 21st-century leadership model—focused on the discovery of who you are as a leader.
Purpose-driven leadership engages you in a journey of personal discovery. It is not a system to be “taught.” Instead, it offers key inquiries, insights, and strategies. The approach is built on these tenets: leadership is unique to each individual; there is no one way for all leaders to be; each person’s unique leadership style is usually partially hidden to them; and discovering your gifts as a leader requires others to help you see what is “in front of your nose.”
These five days with Nick Craig will shift your attention to uncovering and living your leadership purpose and expressing it authentically.
- Uncover your truth: Nothing is presented as “the answer”; learn a framework to tap what is unique to you
- Identify the events that shape who you are: Mine your life for impactful events, including the most challenging jobs, bosses, and situations
- Uncover and live your individual leadership purpose
The most powerful impetus for transformation and self-awareness is in the dialogue among participants. As you share with and coach each other, themes and insights into your purpose and leadership expression will emerge. In addition to self-knowledge, tools, and inspiration, you will take home clear plans and next steps.
Boost your skills as a leader by accessing your leadership purpose—connecting to your true north and capitalizing on your natural strengths.
Accomplish your professional goals by gaining clarity on what matters most to you.
Connect with other cutting-edge leaders actively engaged in inquiry into purpose and creating change in how they approach leadership and the workplace.
Things to Know
Download a sample schedule.
Purpose-Driven Leadership Program Modules
Introduction to Purpose-Driven Leadership
Overview of the approach:
• Provides an understanding of the research behind Purpose-Driven Leadership
• Highlights the importance of Purpose-Driven Leadership, and the authentic expression of that leadership in today’s business environment
Identify and share your crucible stories:
• Share the most challenging times in your life that forged, reframed, and reaffirmed who you are at your unique core
• Identify common themes and their implications for your leadership
• Identify the source of your resilience
• Realize the implications of honest and vulnerable communication with your peers
Discover and apply your “Sweet Spot” as a leader:
• Share your peak performance stories when you were operating at your very best and were most fulfilled
• Receive feedback from others on leadership capabilities you didn’t know you had that are in your stories
• Identify your strongest intrinsic and extrinsic motivations
• Pinpoint that “Sweet Spot” where your strongest capabilities and motivators converge
• Evaluate the extent to which you are currently operating from your “Sweet Spot”
• Work with others to review and modify your insights and their implications
Identify your over-arching purpose as a leader:
• To identify the purpose of each participant’s leadership by examining the crucibles, leadership stories, values, motivations and sweet spot
• Work with the whole group as everyone steps into their Authentic Leadership/Leading at their Best to create a profound impact on each other
Purpose to Impact™ Planning
Link the program insights to defining a compelling leadership development plan, business goals and delivery of results:
• Summarize key insights and impact on day to day activities
• Create 1-5 year plan and key steps needed to achieve desired outcomes
• Create near-term implementation plan related to business challenges that maps into the 1-5 year plan
Identifying key components of living an integrated life and develop strategies for doing so:
• Present research and data on the benefits of living an integrated life
• Identify your key professional/personal/family/community goals
• Clarify what you do to stay focused and grounded in each area
• Discover if you show up as the same person in the different facets of your life
• Understand the impact your choices have on your peers and those who work for you
• Define the actions that you are going to take
Values in Action
Identify your true core values and how to live them:
• Discover the true core values based on your crucible stories and what values you ignored or got you through challenging times
• Create personalized definitions of one’s core values
• Define measurable examples of what it looks like to live one’s core values
Transforming Weaknesses into Strengths
Learning to be honest with who one is and reframing it to increase leadership effectiveness:
• To understand and accept leadership gifts have flat sides
• To identify ways to compensate or work around weaknesses so that you and the organization thrive
Accommodations, meals, and campus activities rates, per person, for all program nights:
Standard single: from $875
Standard double: from $800
Traditional: from $950
Suite: from $1,650
Fuel knowledge, deliciously.
Exceptional meals are made from scratch to sate your taste buds, while energizing you and your learning.
Find balance and bliss.
Massage and other healing arts harmonize the mind, body and spirit, while integrating your experience.
Explore campus grounds.
Brand new construction celebrates the outdoors with state-of-the-art facilities that honor nature’s beauty.
Start where you are.
Choose your path to a better life, on purpose, with practice, in an immersive setting for limitless learning.
Discover natural inspiration.
A thoughtfully designed campus set in nature’s sanctuary fosters connection with peers and deep personal growth.