Yoga for Healthy Aging
Tools for a Lifetime of Vitality and Well-Being
You can enjoy the process of getting older—and wiser—by learning what the mind and body need for optimal health.
Join medical doctor Baxter Bell and Melina Meza, author of the Art of Sequencing book series, for an enlightening and informative workshop that focuses on practical strategies for a lifetime of vitality and well-being.
During this weeklong intensive, you will experience a combination of expert medical information and therapeutic yoga postures for maintaining physical, mental, and emotional well-being throughout your life.
You will learn:
- What to do every day to support your circulatory system and heart health
- Practices for managing stress, optimizing brain health, and experiencing equanimity
- The scientific background that explains how and why yoga supports healthy aging
- Essential yoga poses and sequences and other health-promoting practices
- Movement practices for strength and flexibility
- How to cultivate long-term balance.
We highly recommend that students have one or more years of experience doing some form of regular yoga or movement exercises.
This course will provide you with the tools to create a personalized yoga program that meets your particular needs and concerns. You will have Thursday afternoon free to explore the grounds, indulge in bodywork, or relax in you favorite way. Your final session will be Friday 9am–11am. Set yourself up for a lifetime of healthy living!
For certified yoga teachers interested in receiving Yoga for Healthy Aging certification, please see details and register here.
- Change your trajectory to enjoy a long life of health and vitality by learning what you can do now to age in a healthy way.
- Engage with experts in the combined fields of family medicine, alternative medicine, and yoga, to understand what your mind and body need for optimal health.
- Experience the specific yoga postures and sequences that will support you through the natural changes of the aging body
- Gain tools as a yoga teacher to better serve your students as their bodies mature.
Engage with experts in the combined fields of family medicine, alternative medicine, and yoga, to understand what your mind and body need for optimal health.
Experience the specific yoga postures and sequences that will support you through the natural changes of the aging body.
Gain tools as a yoga teacher to better serve your students as their bodies mature.
Things to Know
Download a sample schedule.
We highly recommended one or more years of experience doing some form of regular yoga or movement exercises.
This intensive is designed for relatively healthy, physically able participants. What is not included in this workshop: instructions for seniors who cannot stand unaided and need to practice in chairs, and information about yoga as therapy for specific medical conditions.
Special Interest to
For yoga teachers seeking Yoga for Healthy Aging certification, you will need to present a short teaching demonstration on Thursday afternoon and pass the take-home final exam. The additional fee for certification is $150, included in the cost when you register. Please register here.
For yoga teachers seeking Yoga for Healthy Aging certification, you will need to attend an extra session, do a short teaching demonstration, and pass the take-home final exam.
Accommodations, meals, and campus activities rates, per person, for all program nights:
Standard single: from $1,265
Standard double: from $1,160
Traditional: from $1,370
Suite: from $2,350
Fuel knowledge, deliciously.
Exceptional meals are made from scratch to sate your taste buds, while energizing you and your learning.
Find balance and bliss.
Massage and other healing arts harmonize the mind, body and spirit, while integrating your experience.
Explore campus grounds.
Brand new construction celebrates the outdoors with state-of-the-art facilities that honor nature’s beauty.
Start where you are.
Choose your path to a better life, on purpose, with practice, in an immersive setting for limitless learning.
Discover natural inspiration.
A thoughtfully designed campus set in nature’s sanctuary fosters connection with peers and deep personal growth.