The word solstice comes from the Latin sol
(sun) and sistere
(to stand still) because twice a year the sun appears to stand still at a northern or southern limit before reversing direction.
Master teacher and healer Dana Damara, E-RYT 1000, YACEP, will guide you in ritual observance of the longest day of the year. Through an intuitive and embodied combination of all-levels vinyasa yoga, sacred ritual, meditation, pranayama, reflection, outdoor movement, discussion, and sharing, you will remember our cyclical lives as mirrored by nature.
Embracing both macrocosm and microcosm within and outside of ourselves, you will:
- Surrender and strengthen in rejuvenating twice daily yoga classes, including hands-on assists
- Restore with the essential beauty of nature and in deep connection with each other through shared walks in 1440's redwoods
- Usher in the summer solstice along with the New Moon Cancer as the clock strikes midnight with a final ceremony, curated just for this solstice, honoring all four directions and our intentions for the new season
- Nourish our bodies with food as medicine and self-care in the spa and infinity-edge hot tub
- Gain sacred tools and rituals to sustain cocreation with Earth in daily practice at home.
On this most auspicious day, honor the natural ease and grace of transition as you flow in complete alignment with this precious life. Celebrate the ritual and tradition of solstice, bringing into internal balance the timeless paradoxes of dark/light, movement/stillness, and Shiva/Shakti in order to manifest harmony from the inside out, for all the world's benefit.