Build a foundation for a full, lifelong yoga practice based on modern movement science that integrates preparatory exercise and somatics with the essential elements of yoga. Celebrated yoga teacher, movement educator, and creator of Yoga Deconstructed® Trina Altman, PMA-CPT, E-RYT 500, YACEP, gives you an updated, interdisciplinary approach rooted in creativity, playfulness, and embodiment.
Expand beyond traditional asana to recover from injuries, train your body to master challenging yoga poses, reduce your risk of future damage, and restore the prime functioning of your body, no matter what your (or your client's) situation.
You will learn:
- A basic understanding of the loading principles and biomechanics of yoga poses
- Neuromuscular reeducation strategies to facilitate tissue resiliency, neuroplasticity, and new motor patterns
- Techniques to improve function in everyday life and athletic performance
- Somatic exercises promoting an active range of motion, dynamic full body movement, and increased capacity for advanced poses
- Theories from multiple movement modalities to incorporate into your teaching or personal practice.
During this comprehensive weekend immersion combining lecture, discussion, practical application, and movement, you will gain confidence in your body's ability to practice complex poses and sequences. Everything presented corresponds to applied movement components, relating concepts to specific embodied practices for a highly integrated and somatic experience.
Return home with the knowledge to practice or teach from a skills-based approach to help you move with fewer limitations, reduce neck tension, and improve strength, mobility, resilience, and coordination.