Prevent injuries before they begin and stay healthy longer. Celebrated holistic health and yoga therapist Kari Harendorf, C-IAYT, E-RYT, and biomechanics specialist Glen de los Reyes will show you how to improve strength, balance, and flexibility and prevent injury.
As a culture, we are often disconnected from our bodies- disregarding neck, shoulder, wrist, back, hip, and knee issues- and the under-use, overuse, and abuse of our joints often leads to chronic inflammation, pain, or injury. All of this can be avoided or repaired.
Increase your awareness of inner sensations, tune in to your body's feedback, and correct your movement patterns and postural tendencies. Decrease inflammation and pain as you gain access and control of the muscles around places of weakness, instability, or injury.
At this workshop, you will discover:
- Where you currently overexert and stress your muscles and joints
- What joints are limited in range-of-motion—and the exercises to increase range
- Ways in which you habitually favor specific areas, making them ripe for injury
- How functional movement patterns address preexisting injuries
- Methods to move in ways that are truly centered and create more space in your body, reducing compression and increasing the overall health and resilience of your joints.
Through in-depth guidance combining lecture, therapeutic and restorative yoga, and experiential learning, you will master postural assessment, realignment, and functional movement.
Return home with your mind reeducated to engage muscles in a way that protects joints, promotes optimal movement patterns, and prevents imbalance and injury. Embody the yoga and mobility practices you love in a way that supports the full, lifelong well-being of the whole body.