Think outside the mat and explore an exhilarating, one-of-a-kind fusion of yoga and modern dance with celebrated instructor and choreographer Annie Parr.
Modern Yoga is a dynamic, mat-less class bridging vinyasa yoga, mind-body fitness modalities, and floor-based modern dance principles. Founded by Annie Parr and Emily Daly-Fromherz, Modern Yoga emphasizes efficiency, explosive power, sensitivity, phrasing, and clarity.
By layering asana, vigorous sequences on and off the ground, and moving intentionally with music, the feeling of a dance emerges. Choreographed and clearly guided, Modern Yoga embodies the flow of a yoga class with the personality of a dance class.
This weekend, look forward to:
- Widening your approach to transitions, musicality, and flow
- Artful movement patterns to stretch, tone, and ground your body
- Stimulating grace and fun through motion to connect with your authentic self
- Immersing yourself in a mentally and physically awakening practice
- Moving stretches, deep release work, principles of the Bartenieff Method, and other unique movement.
With Annie's expert teaching, overcome any apprehension about guided dance classes, or dive deeper into a yoga or dance practice that you already love. Dancer or not, yogi or not, any athletic and artful-minded individuals looking to creatively expand their practice are invited to this weekend of play and discovery.