Get ready for a lively weekend of creative unfolding, courage building, and empathy expansion, featuring beloved best-selling author Elizabeth Gilbert and the truly remarkable Tony and Obie award-winning writer and performer Sarah Jones.
The two women (longtime friends who love to play in each other's respective creative spaces) offer exercises and inspirational guidance to unleash your imagination, ignite your sense of adventure, and spur connection between you and other participants.
Through performance, storytelling, writing, reflection, movement, and vocal exercises, you will:
- Use theatrical and literary techniques to explore perspective and point of view
- Use mind-changing, heart-opening embodiment practices to build real and lasting empathy
- Explore the difference between narratives and hard facts to see how much more connected we all are than we believe
- Explore various aspects of yourself, in order to get on the other side of your fear and closer to your curiosity and courage
- Reclaim the parts of you that have gone hiding or missing or have been dormant and underground.
This is soul work and heart work-open to anyone who wishes to attend. No previous creative experience of any kind is required in the safe and loving world that Gilbert and Jones will curate together. You don't need to be an artist; just be a person. Bring your curiosity and leave with a new take on self, other, and the power of the creative process.