Most every human culture around the world crafts and plays a sacred drum. One of the simplest, most ancient, and fundamentally powerful musical instruments known to humankind—the frame drum—is a universal, cross-cultural phenomenon.
Join Krista Holland, RYT 500, frame drumming expert, researcher, and sacred drum historian, to learn the ancient art and modern science of frame drumming.
Together you will:
- Explore basic strokes rooted in universal elements of earth, water, fire, air, and space
- Learn to apply both traditional and modern world rhythm styles of hand drumming
- Discover the vast array of sounds and tonalities produced with various techniques
- Study an incredible worldwide range of rhythms—from dreamy lullaby softness to full trance-inducing power
- Return home with the inspiration, guidance, and resources to create a home drumming and sound healing practice.
The frame drum is a vital and sacred instrument played for the improvement and maintenance of essential health, connection, and well-being—both individually and for the entire community.
This introductory and lively workshop presents a spectrum of frame drumming techniques as well as incorporating storytelling to share the fascinating ancient history, mythology, symbolism, and modern science-based health research connected to the drum and sound healing.
Whether you are a first-time drummer finding your unique rhythm or a longtime musician refining your skills, gain everything you need to journey deeply into the practice and art of frame drumming.