What does it mean to "see"? How do we visually express ourselves and connect, without words, to the very truth of our surroundings?
Join international photographer Douglas Beasley for a unique opportunity to rethink your expectations, expand your awareness, and engage with spirit through the lens of your camera.
This immersive weekend is a "vision quest" unlike any other—it's an invitation to redefine your whole approach to creative expression.
Through photographic exercises and assignments, balanced by conversation, meditation, photo sharing, critiques, writing exercises, readings, poetry, and more, you will:
- Deepen your visual awareness while clarifying your approach to image-making
- Explore how the sacred is recognized and expressed in everyday life
- Redefine what is personally ideal subject matter and deepen your connection to what exists on the other side of the camera
- Practice photography as an exercise in mindfulness
- Develop the power of intuition, fueled by the proper balance of contemplation and decisiveness.
While participants should have a strong working knowledge of their camera, this weekend will emphasize the creative process of image-making over the mechanics of camera use.
Revitalize your photography by exploring the relationships between spirit, your subject, your camera, and yourself. Leave with clearer vision and a stronger eye.