The Buddha taught that the key to peace, joy, and happiness is release: letting go of the insistence that life, in this moment, be other than it is. But how do we train our brains to consistently see joy, even in moments of challenge and stress?
In this 5-day retreat, former Buddhist nuns and world-renowned meditation teachers, Amma Thanasanti and Deborah Eden Tull, combine practices and wisdom from Buddhism and the science of neuroplasticity to help you cut through suffering and rewire your brain for joy.
Through traditional Buddhist meditation practices, neuroscience research, laughter yoga, qigong, and neuroplasticity techniques, you will:
• Learn the science behind happiness and ways to cultivate it in your daily routine
• (Re)acquaint yourself with the spiritual and neurological power of choice and intention
• Develop a finer awareness of your body, emotions, and mind-states
• Recognize habits that do and don't serve you so you can let go of counterproductive thoughts and behaviors
• Learn ways to fill yourself with kindness, compassion, forgiveness, gratitude, and self-love.
Embrace your potential to radically change the way you think, feel, and interact with life, and go home ready to turn everyday events into meaningful moments of joy.