Are you ready to find more sexual satisfaction? Learn how to live in a deeper, more connected place at this vitalizing workshop led by licensed psychotherapist and sexuality and relationship expert Tammy Nelson, PhD. Tammy draws on years of clinical work and research on eroticism and sexuality to create an empowering weekend where you will discover how to bring spiritual, emotional, and erotic growth into your sex life.
Most psychotherapists are unclear on how to use a non-pathological therapy approach to intervene in treating sexuality. Therapists and clinicians need accurate diagnostic and treatment skills to guide couples through a clearly identified process with three phases of emotional and erotic recovery to enable couples to envision a new awakened sexual relationship.
- Compare the difference between spiritual mate, companion, and erotic partner and how psychotherapy pathologizes sexuality
- State the anthropological effects on eroticism and what it takes to express erotic needs, share desires, and improve on companionship versus sex life
- Explain conceptually why pleasure avoidance influences arousal and desire and how to decrease denial, aversion, avoidance, and rejection of pleasure
- Recommend how to help couples access erotic fantasy and feel comfortable sharing with their potential or current partner and how this sexual generosity integrates split off sexuality
- Define sexual empathy and how fantasies are formed and why we desire what we do and how anxiety is healed by sexual fantasy
- Define and explore the monogamy continuum and a monogamy agreement to help couples explore and rewrite their ideal relationship
- Identify where they are on the erotic curiosity spectrum and how this relates to the effort they put into a relationship
- Identify how the ancient art of tantra relates to more contemporary models of trauma work and sex therapy.
This workshop will give participants real life case examples and treatment modalities for straight, gay, married, committed, and open couples.