Eye-Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is a powerful therapeutic method for healing trauma-based problems.
Informed by research in contemporary neuroscience, EMDR is part of a holistic approach to healing trauma by integrating body, mind, and spirit. In this professional training with Laurel Parnell, PhD, an EMDR pioneer and author of five books, including Attachment-Focused EMDR: Healing Relational Trauma
, you will gain skills to work more effectively with complex cases using EMDR tools.
Through lecture, hands-on practice, and demonstrations, you will learn to:
- Describe the EMDR model and components of treatment
- Create a case formulation
- Evaluate clients to gauge the appropriateness of EMDR treatment
- Describe the Eight Phases of EMDR treatment
- Demonstrate the protocols and procedures for using EMDR with a range of problems.
Dr. Parnell emphasizes the importance of compassionate, safe, and therapeutic relationships with clients that involve adapting protocols and procedures according to their psychological, emotional, cultural, and developmental needs.
Upon completion of this program you will understand how to use standard and modified EMDR protocols and procedures in your practice.