Most of us know what it's like to feel compassion for a loved one who is struggling. What if you gave yourself that same caring attention when you needed it most?
Join expert teachers Beth Mulligan, PA-C, and Michelle Becker, LMFT, to enhance your capacity for emotional well-being with Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC). This 5-day program is an intensive version of the empirically supported 8-week MSC program based on groundbreaking research by Kristin Neff, PhD, and Christopher Germer, PhD.
Through meditation, short talks, experiential exercises, group discussion, and home practices, you'll learn to:
• Motivate yourself with encouragement, not self-criticism
• Relate to difficult emotions with greater moment-to-moment acceptance
• Transform challenging relationships, old and new, through self-validation
• Integrate core mindfulness and self-compassion exercises into daily life
• Teach simple self-compassion practices to patients, friends, students, or clients.
Expanding research shows that self-compassion is strongly associated with lower levels of anxiety and depression, healthy habits such as diet and exercise, and more satisfying personal relationships. It enables us to be more fully human-to acknowledge our shortcomings, learn from them, and make necessary changes with an attitude of kindness and self-respect.
This program is designed for all and satisfies a prerequisite for becoming an MSC teacher. No meditation experience is necessary.