We know the story because we've been there a time or two. Heck, half of us are there right now.
You're really excited for Friendsgiving or for the big Thanksgiving with your family. You signed up to bring a dish. But, oh wait, dinner is tonight and you haven't cooked a thing.
To round out Executive Chef Kenny's
Thanksgiving Takeover, we thought we'd share something for the procrastinating (ahem, busy) sous chefs in the bunch. Here are some favorite side dishes that take little time to prepare but are definitely crowd pleasers.
Oven-Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Dijon Mustard, Chives, and Turkey Bacon
- Cut sprouts in half.
- Toss with mustard, salt, pepper, and chopped turkey bacon.
- Bake at 400 degrees until golden brown, top with minced chives.
Grilled Cauliflower, Toasted Sunflower Seeds, and Baby Tomatoes with Lemon and Olive Oil
- Buy toasted sunflower seeds, or toast your own in a dry skillet for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Grill cauliflower and toss with olive oil, lemon, and halved baby tomatoes.
Dry Rub BBQ Baby Carrots and Cilantro with Tahini Ranch Dressing
- Toss baby carrots with your favorite BBQ dry rub.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Top with chopped cilantro.
- For dressing, add tahini to your favorite ranch dressing (2 parts ranch, 1 part tahini).
No time? No problem! Any of these dishes will take you less than an hour to prepare, but are sure to impress.
Sign up and receive insider offers and flash sales in your inbox every week