Since reopening the nonprofit 1440 Multiversity campus to the public in April, we have been fortunate to welcome hundreds of like-hearted guests to our sanctuary in the redwoods for journeys of growth, learning, healing, and the return to joy and fulfillment. Some people found 1440 through a mission-aligned corporate group event. Others were sponsored to participate in Healing Our Healthcare Heroes or booked a Rest & Renewal package stay for a weekend of nourishing cuisine, engaging Signature Classes and time to decompress and reconnect with themselves and others.
What many guests didn't expect, however, is the lasting impact that 1440 would have on them while they were here. Below are 14 sentiments from our guests that encapsulate the 1440 experience, that we hope will inspire you in your own journey of reconnecting in person.
- "My retreat experience at 1440 was life changing. Every member of the staff that I encountered was committed to creating a memorable and nourishing experience. The programming was incredible and very thoughtfully laid out. And, of course, the food, amenities, and campus were perfect. I would highly recommend 1440 to anyone ready for relaxation and rejuvenation!"
- "I went to 1440 this past weekend on a solo retreat and WOW, what a gift. The grounds are beautiful, the food was INCREDIBLE, the music playing was just what I wanted to hear and the staff...the most caring, kind and helpful people I have ever interacted with. I am so glad I took the time to immerse myself within such a beautiful environment. Two nights, close to home, all to myself."
- "So many little things added to our experience and healing: All the bees on flowers...the gorgeous and unexpected lighting while outside in the evening...the honest passion that everyone we met shared with us when we engaged them! Chefs, Groundskeepers, Front Desk Staff, Managers...everyone was so sincere and gentle."
- "I had the honor and privilege to attend [the 1440] program for healing healthcare workers sponsored by our county foundation. Everything was beyond excellent – the program, the activities, the facility, the FOOD, the pace, the environment, their flexibility and openness to our needs. I had just come back from a 10-day vacation, but I felt more rejuvenated and refreshed after just one weekend."
- "The staff was outstanding; each and every one at the front desk, in the kitchen, hiking, yoga and tai chi instructors. The grounds and facilities were also truly excellent. Such a dedicated team from top to bottom. We were sad to leave! We'll be back."
- "The culture is so amazing that I want to be adopted by the 1440 family. I am in awe of the professionalism that was delivered. My group felt that we are such VIPs during our entire stay. It made a big difference when the staff was addressing us by our first names."
- "Joanie and Scott Kriens have created a remarkable retreat center, and have pivoted their mission to a place that actually changes lives. As a physician, I participated in a weekend program called 'Healing Our Healthcare Heroes' along with other physicians, nurses, physical therapists, hospital managers and social workers. It was an incredible experience, with four amazing workshops led by true 'change makers' and addressing issues that healthcare workers are dealing with after a year of COVID care – trauma, moral injury, and grief, as well as hope, growth, joy. The caliber of speakers was reminiscent of TED Talks."
- "The room was beautiful, smelled like redwoods, and was overall very relaxing. The aesthetic of the room was beautiful, uncluttered, and contributed to the overall calm."
- "I liked the ability to interact with the speakers on campus before and after their presentations. It was lovely that they were also at Kitchen Table, the Infinity Pool, and around campus so we could chat with them more informally and get to know them, as well."
- "I'd love to attend again! I think you may have 'stolen' Disneyland's 'The Happiest Place on Earth!'"
- "Chef Kenny is amazing. His entire team created the most unbelievably delicious food. The attention to detail was first rate. And they were all extremely friendly and accommodating. I wish I could eat there every day."
- "1440 has made a tremendous impact in my life. 1440 has allowed me to connect with my inner-self and be OK with giving myself permission to let go and connecting with my feelings."
- "I would like to live at 1440. It's magical!"
- "It seemed to me that you have cherry picked each employee and you have the cream of the crop. A perfect match for each of their roles. Thank you for that. And thank you for the great send off, what can a girl say to having her very own send-off of happy smiling faces and waves goodbye. I left with a smile on my face."
Learn more about sponsoring or participating in Healing Our Healthcare Heroes.
View our Rest & Renewal packages and calendar here.
Bring your mission-aligned group or Wellness Wedding to 1440 Multiversity; visit here for details.
Sign up and receive insider offers and flash sales in your inbox every week