When you work as the editor for an organization devoted to conversations that matter, you spend a great deal of time showcasing and curating amazing words of wisdom. During any given week at 1440, there is no shortage of energy, insight, reflection, creativity, and brilliance gracing this campus.
As we open the door on 2019, it's my absolute pleasure to provide you with some of 1440's very best articles to spark your own conversations that matter, right now, wherever you are. Below are the top 10 blogposts of 2018 and my three personal favorites. Here's to a new year chock-full of great questions and wide-open to all the answers.
1. Nutrition Is Far More Important Than Many People Realize: Lessons from The China Study
Reflections from Thomas M. Campbell, MD,
coauthor with T. Colin Campbell, PhD
, of The China Study
, on nutrition, dietary trends, and lessons learned from a life in medicine and research.
2. Matt Kahn on How to Be Grateful Even When You Don't Want to Be
Spiritual teacher, highly attuned empathic healer, and YouTube sensation Matt Kahn
on embracing a sense of thank you
for whatever life delivers.
3. Expecting It All: An Honest Look at Modern Love with Esther Perel
An insightful conversation on romantic expectations in today's world with psychotherapist and New York Times
best-selling author Esther Perel
4. Mindful Sex and the Thirst for Connection: An Interview with Esther Perel
More from Esther Perel
, author of Mating in Captivity
and The State of Affairs
, whose TED talk Rethinking Infidelity
has captured the attention of 12+ million viewers.
5. How to Feel Your Feelings: An Interview with Tara Brach
What internal capacity must we cultivate to enable difficult feelings to truly be felt (as opposed to bypassed)? Tara Brach, PhD,
psychologist, acclaimed meditation teacher, and best-selling author, on what it takes.
6. The Whole Child Approach to Learning: A Conversation with Dr. Dan Siegel and Scott Kriens
Watch and listen to Dr. Dan Siegel
and 1440 cofounder Scott Kriens
in conversation about the great potential for learning when we address the mind and emotions in interactions and educational experiences.
7. Dr. Weil's Six Tips for Healthy Aging
Renowned integrative medicine pioneer and New York Times
best-selling author Andrew Weil, MD,
on what behaviors and practices most impact healthy aging.
8. Heal Your Broken Heart with These Tips from Sharon Salzberg
, esteemed Buddhist meditation teacher and New York Times
best-selling author of Real Love: The Art of Mindful Connection,
on taking apart the painful sensation of heartbreak and discovering the changing nature of difficult feelings.
9. 6 Steps to Feeling and Healing: Advice from Margaret Paul
, PhD, writer and cocreator of Inner Bonding, on differentiating the feelings we experience and learning to respond to them with love.
10. Let Go and Appreciate: Lynne Twist on Money, Scarcity, and Sufficiency
Conscious philanthropy leader and best-selling author Lynne Twist
on the principle of sufficiency, the lie of scarcity, and the toxic myths that surround money.
1. Learning to Trust Yourself: A Conversation with Adyashanti
Brilliant insights from the acclaimed American-born spiritual teacher and author, Adyashanti
, on the nature of waking up to conscious awareness.
2. "Say Nothing for Five Minutes": Why Parents Need to Be Quiet
A beautifully eye-opening excerpt on the power of silence in family life from The Awakened Family
by Shefali Tsabary, PhD,
creator of the groundbreaking Conscious Parenting approach—which Oprah has endorsed as revolutionary.
3. "Your Mind Can Change the Health of Your Body": Insights from Dr. Dan Siegel
An excerpt from Aware: The Science and Practice of Presence,
by Dr. Dan Siegel,
internationally acclaimed author, educator, and child psychiatrist, on how expanded consciousness leads to increased well-being.
Kate Green Tripp is the Managing Editor of 1440 Multiversity.