Crucial to our shared humanity and the future of society, a long overdue public conversation about race has finally entered the mainstream. Join Melissa DePino and Michelle Saahene, cofounders of From Privilege to Progress, and a host of celebrated racial justice advocates and influencers in a deep and honest conversation about translating your heart's intentions mindfully into word and action on the path to becoming anti-racist.
With continuing headlines covering events such as the violence in Charlottesville; the black men arrested for sitting in Starbucks; and tragic encounters with law enforcement for innocent people of color, many people with privilege are increasingly aware that we have much further to go when it comes to racial equality (equity is the way we get there, equality is the goal) in the United States.
At this powerful summit of thought leaders, you will explore together how:
- Racial identity impacts individual lives and society structures, and identify typically unacknowledged biases
- Moving beyond unconscious and habitual thinking illuminates new ideas and expands your existing knowledge
- Differentiating between intent and impact allows for more authentic living
- Vulnerability leads to courage in all life roles: at home, work, and in the world
- As a social justice advocate you can use privilege for your own and everyone's benefit.
We are all interconnected; when one human suffers, all of us do. Change and healing only arise when regular individuals take responsibility for societal change, with a clear understanding of their power and how to harness it.
This multiracial coalition has chosen to leave shame and guilt behind to help everyone use the privilege they have for the benefit of all. With an open heart and mind, we will focus on the parts of our identities essential for both personal transformation and broad societal change.
The future we all need, one of equity, inclusion, and justice, requires our active participation in:
- Recognizing important historic truths unacknowledged in traditional education
- Speaking up in our everyday lives
- Desegregating our deeply divided social networks.
Together, through awareness, education, self-inquiry, and action, discover and activate the power within you for positive personal transformation and broad societal evolution.