Creating art from the deepest reservoirs of our truth requires courage, patience, and persistence. Join best-selling author of The Artist's Journey
and Stanford-trained psychiatrist, Nancy Hillis, MD, as she guides you to deep exploration and experimentation in your true art.
Dedicate yourself to the authentic joy of being able to physically manifest your soul's inspiration through the practice of abstract art. This experiential retreat is perfect for creatives who want to see their unique and original spark shine.
During this inspirational workshop, you will:
- Activate self-expression through creativity and mindfulness exercises
- Work on a series and create many painting "starts"
- Practice automatic drawing, flux, visual contrast, and more
- Understand value maquettes and value-color relationships
- Employ abstract expressionism through experimentation.
Through a dynamic combination of group discussions, lectures, demonstrations, and journaling, along with drawing and painting exercises, you'll examine the inner dialogue and landscape that shape your art and life. Return home with complete confidence in your ability to skillfully create pieces you love.
Making art mirrors our essential process of being alive-making a life and a self that is rooted in our highest vision and core values. Locate and root yourself in the well of creativity that is the essence of life.