Whoever said you have to suffer for your art? While a sustained and habitual creative practice can be a challenge—mentally, socially, emotionally, and physically—nothing should stand in your way of truly expressing the inspiration that is yours to offer the world. The science of yoga, integrating mind and spirit in embodied practice, is an invaluable tool that can uncover and unlock your authentic creative voice.
This is not your typical creative workshop. Award-winning yoga instructor and culture critic Mark Morford offers a unique distillation of more than two decades of professional expertise in combined creative and embodied practice for a singular cache of wisdom.
You will learn to:
- Distinguish between ego and self, aka "getting out of your own way"
- Break through the myth of the tortured artist
- Use the most potent forms of asana, pranayama, meditation, mantra, and yoga nidra
- Integrate nadis and energy movement
- Harness the meaning and function of muses
- Design and create traditional altars and sacred spaces
- Incorporate basic daily Ayurvedic rituals for self-care.
Uniquely designed for creative individuals of all sorts, this immersive workshop is a highly curated collection of the essential yogic techniques, practices, and sacred rituals most beneficial to sustainable creative potency.
Release your body's habitual blocks, soften the ego's grip on entrenched samskaras (patterns and fixations), and liberate your most powerful creative vision.