Once you select a program or confirm your stay dates for Rest & Renewal, click Register, and you will be guided through room choices and checkout. The total package cost of your learning experience includes your choice of accommodations, community meals, signature classes, and any program tuition. If you have questions, please contact us.
A deposit of 50% of your total stay package (tuition plus accommodations and applicable taxes) is due at time of reservation and can be made with Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. The remaining 50% of your total stay package (tuition plus accommodations and applicable taxes) is due upon arrival and can be made with Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover.
What's Included in Your Package
Stay packages at 1440 are immersive experiences that vary based on the elements of the program or package you elect. Most packages include:
- Three meals daily in Kitchen Table (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- Three signature classes (typically held at 7:00 am, 1:00 pm, and 5:00 pm each day)
- Program tuition (as applicable to each program)
- Participation in campus lectures or cooking demonstrations (vary by day)
- Access to the Healing Arts center with 22 spa treatment rooms, steam rooms, and an infinity-edge hot tub
- Access to cafés and shops
- Personalized Guest Registration badge—which must be worn at all times for service to be provided
- Overnight parking with pass (parking pass must be visible on your dash once issued)
What to Pack
1440 Multiversity WEATHER
While sunny much of the year, the weather in Scotts Valley can be cool in the mornings and evenings, especially in the winter months. Be sure to pack:
- Layers—such as a sweater, jacket, or scarf-and rain gear
- Walking or hiking shoes or sneakers with traction to enjoy our redwood trails
- Exercise and yoga clothes
- Water bottle with cap; we have water refill stations across campus, and we sell water bottles in the shop
- Exercise or yoga mat (yoga mats are provided on a first-come basis)
- Bathing suit and cover-up for the infinity-edge hot tub overlooking the redwood forest
- Socks if you would feel more comfortable with your shoes off in program rooms
- Robe (if you are booked in a shared room, you might enjoy some privacy)
- Eye covers/ear plugs—for deeper sleep in shared rooms
- Slippers and flip—flops—good for shared hall bathrooms
Plan to refrain from wearing heavily scented perfumes on campus, as some guests have sensitivities or allergies. We are a tobacco and flame-free environment, so you may not possess or bring tobacco products, vape pens, candles, incense, sage, or flammable materials onto the campus. See our FAQs for more details.
Arrival and Departure We strive to have all rooms ready by 4:00 pm; however, the scheduled end time of some programs may impede our ability to do so. Arriving guests are invited to check-in as early as 2:15 pm and 1440 will store any luggage. You will be issued a temporary pass upon arrival, which you are required to exchange for your registration badge once your room is ready. Allow for a little extra time so that you don't feel rushed. Explore campus or enjoy a yoga or meditation class before dinner, which is served from 5:30 to 7:30 pm. Opening night welcome and program sessions generally begin between 7:00 and 7:30 pm.
Checkout is required no later than 11:00 am on departure day. Since most program sessions end around lunch, a best practice is to checkout before your final session. Breakfast and lunch are included on your last day so retain your registration badge until after you have had lunch if you intend to dine after checking out. Otherwise, you are welcome to return your registration badge to the Lodge.
Payment and Cancellation
A deposit of 50% of your total stay package (tuition plus accommodations and applicable taxes) is due at time of reservation and can be made with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. The remaining 50% of your total stay package (tuition plus accommodations and applicable taxes) is due upon arrival and can be made with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. We accept cash, checks, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. For our full cancellation policy, please click here.
All our main campus buildings are accessible, and we offer a range of accessible housing types. The campus is on hilly terrain, and there is not a continuous accessible pathway throughout the grounds. Each building has its own accessible path and is connected to a public way. To transport guests to and from the parking area and to ensure access between buildings that do not share an accessible path, we offer an accessible shuttle. For additional questions about accessibility and to coordinate your transportation while on campus, please contact us at least two weeks in advance of your arrival.