- 1440 is a private campus and your registration badge is made exclusively for you with your name, dates of your stay, and the program you are registered in. Please wear it so we can best protect your privacy, safety, and security.
- Based on the 501(c)(3) status of 1440 Multiversity as a learning destination, we are legally required to only serve guests that are registered to learn on our campus.
- Staff protocol is to ask guests to identify themselves by wearing the badge provided to them upon arrival at the Lodge at all time—especially when entering classrooms, the community dining hall, signature classes, retail outlets, Healing Arts center, and all public spaces on campus.
- Guests are required to visibly display their registration badge at all times and present their badge to staff before being served or granted access to the private grounds of 1440. Please respect this policy and be kind if you are asked to provide your badge and wear it at all times. 1440 strictly abides by this policy and enforces criminal trespass laws as outlined in California Penal Code 602 PC, which can lead to penalties of up to six months in county jail and fine up to $1,000.00.
- The following policies generally apply to all confirmed reservations:
If you cancel 14 or more days prior to your arrival date, your deposit will be refunded unless stipulated otherwise in your confirmation.
No refund is available if you cancel fewer than 14 days prior to your arrival day.
Registered Program guests will not be refunded under any of the following circumstances:
If your program has a special prepayment policy - see individual workshop descriptions.
If you do not arrive as confirmed, or if you leave a program or event early.
If you attend a program and are dissatisfied with the facility, faculty presentation or content.
On rare occasions, due to unforeseen circumstances, 1440 Multiversity may need to cancel a program. We will notify registrants of cancellation a minimum of 7 days in advance of the program start date and will offer a full refund for housing and tuition. Or, if you prefer, a credit may be applied to a Rest and Renewal stay over the same time period of the original reservation. Note: If you are purchasing airfare to visit 1440, we recommend investigating travel insurance with appropriate coverage for ultimate flexibility, since 1440 will not reimburse for travel expenses.
- 1440 currently accepts cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. No other payment options are available so please plan accordingly.
- A deposit of 50% of your total stay package (tuition plus accommodations and applicable taxes) is due at time of reservation and can be made with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover.
- The remaining 50% of your total stay package (tuition plus accommodations and applicable taxes) is due prior to arrival and can be made with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover.
Yes. Your entire stay must be paid in full upon arrival; however, since there are services that may potentially be purchased during your visit, 1440 will charge your debit or credit card a fee upon arrival as an advance against any additional charges you incur while on campus.