- 1440 Multiversity is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit learning destination, not a for-profit hotel.
- Pricing at 1440 is packaged to include overnight accommodations, meals, learning classes, and tuition. Most hotels charge for the room only and all other services are priced separately.
- 1440 offers a minimalist approach to design and function vs hotels which offer luxurious comforts.
- 1440 has no minibars, TVs, or room service so guests can focus on the content and reflect on the learning taking place in their classrooms with no distractions; hotels offer most of these amenities, services, and more.
- Most guests at 1440 are required to share community hall bathrooms vs a typical hotel room that has its own bathroom.
- Unlike hotels that have one or more dining outlets and room service, there is no a la carte restaurant at 1440. All meals are provided in Kitchen Table community style and guests all enjoy the same menu during set meal hours designed around the learning classes offered.
- There are no minibars in the guest rooms at 1440 containing beverages and snacks. Guests are encouraged to bring their own water bottles and utilize the complimentary filtered water filling stations in each building. Snacks are available for purchase at Common Grounds café.
- 1440 has a curfew and expects all guests to honor the 10:00 pm lights out and quiet time mandate to afford all guests a good night's rest to optimize the learning experience.
- All guests are encouraged to attend movement and mindfulness classes offered at least three times a day as part of their daily package, whereas most hotels do not offer such classes.
- Traditional hotels offerings such as valet parking, local shuttles, and concierge are not offered at 1440. The campus is designed for students to service themselves.
1440 is primarily an adult-only campus with a minimum age of 18 for those attending programs, unless a program is marketed to include families. If you intend to bring your family, each person must be registered separately with their own confirmed reservation (our all-inclusive package rates are per person, per night) and we request that children under the age of 18 are always supervised by a legal parent or guardian when attending a program.
Pricing at 1440 is based on all-inclusive packages which include accommodations, tuition, meals, and signature classes when applicable and vary by the three types of stays we offer. For instance, final pricing for program-based workshops vary and are determined primarily by the tuition amount and the room type each guest elects. Guests who stay for Rest & Renewal have a free schedule to do as they please and the stay amount is primarily dictated by the type of room they choose—there are also curated packages that offer the best value for guests who are not attending workshops.
1440 optimizes attendance at all programs to serve our mission; therefore, it is unlikely that rooms will be available to upgrade to- especially over weekends when the campus tends to sell out. For those that demand privacy, it is strongly recommended that you book private rooms with private baths upon registering for the program. If rooms are available to upgrade to, be prepared to pay prevailing pricing which is typically much higher on the day of arrival since published rates expire 14 - 30 days prior to each workshop.
- 1440 meets all requirements for ADA compliance and offers those with special needs several options while on campus to make their stay more comfortable including, but not limited to, special room accommodations, accessible ramps, transportation assistance, and communication devices.
- It is important to note that the campus is situated on hilly terrain, and there is not a continuous accessible pathway between points on campus; however, each building has an accessible path into it. To ensure access between buildings that do not have an accessible path between them, we offer an accessible shuttle. This shuttle is provided to transport guests from parking areas to accessible pathways leading to campus buildings and to transport guests between accessible pathways so that they can enter each building. For additional questions about accessibility and to coordinate your transportation while on campus, please contact us at least two weeks in advance of your arrival at 1-844-544-1440 (option 1) or [email protected].
Yes, all guests have the option of booking a private room at a premium price based on a first-come basis when available. However, please select carefully since not all private rooms have private bathrooms. You can book a private room by reserving online or by calling 1-844-544-1440 (option 1). If you have a traveling companion you wish to share with, you must call to book such reservations over the phone as our website only allows for individual reservations. To book for more than one person sharing the same room, please call our reservations line: 1-844-544-1440.
By nature of our license to operate, only guests registered with 1440 are allowed on the private campus. If you would like friends or family members to join you, they must be registered campus guests which means they must pay the full tuition package price for the program or register with 1440 as a Rest & Renewal guest. Expect to pay a much higher fee if you just show up and do not register in advance as package rates for programs expire 14 - 30 days prior to arrival. Our overnight packages are priced per person, per night. For a family member or friend to stay with you, they must be booked under their own reservation even if they aren't taking a program—this includes children who must be supervised at all times by a legal parent or guardian not attending a program.
1440 does not offer room service, nor do we provide in-room beverages. As a learning destination, we encourage community dining and offer three meals a day at set times for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
1440 has a café called Common Grounds which is open seven days a week. Hours vary at times; however, the basic hours of service are 7:00 am to 9:00 pm daily. For additional fees to your package pricing, guests may purchase small grab and go items such as cookies, beverages, bottled water, gelato, small snacks, salads, and other items of their choice.
1440 is eco-friendly and while we do sell bottled beverages in Common Grounds café, there are several purified water filling stations around campus and in each guest building. We encourage guests to bring their own water bottles which may be filled as frequently as you like. 1440 will soon offer each guest one 12 oz aluminum bottle of spring water which may be used throughout the duration of your stay at the filling stations.
Each guest room is equipped with complimentary Wi-Fi, an alarm clock, an in-room safe for each bed, eco-friendly shampoo and body wash, a hair dryer, and a clothing rack with three hangers per bed. 1440 does not offer in-room TVs phones or minibars. If pre-arranged, 1440 may provide a mini-refrigerator, iron, ironing board, or steamer for a daily fee.
Most of our accommodations do offer one temperature control that provides air conditioning and/or heat. Select rooms also have windows that open for fresh air. Classrooms and meeting spaces are temperature controlled.
Many guests choose to leave their personal electronic devices at home or in their cars to support the natural serene environment. Guests that use their cell phones keep them in silent mode and tend to be connected to 1440's on-site texting tool to receive updates about the status of classes, schedule changes, and the like. 1440 does ask that personal conversations not be had in public spaces and that you have the courtesy to consult with your roommate to avoid infringing on shared space. Cell phones should not be used in the pods.
1440 is not a hotel, and as an inclusionary learning destination we offer nontraditional housing options that include the ability to share accommodations with another program goer—essentially lowering the overall cost of the program package by agreeing to share a room with up to seven potential roommates (in our pods) and utilizing a community hall bathroom. For those that prefer, a traditional private room is available, some of which include in-room private bathrooms. When registering for your program, be sure to select the room option you prefer.